The Southern Virginia Workforce Solutions Summit is a joint effort of the Southern Virginia (SoVa) Taskforce which is comprised of economic developers and chamber executives across the southern Virginia region and workforce providers across the region. With the support of GoVa Region 3, the taskforce worked collaboratively through the COVID Pandemic to address industry needs. The number one request as the region emerges from the pandemic remains employee recruitment and retention.
On Wednesday, September 7th from 8 AM – 5 PM at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research, the SoVa Taskforce will provide a Workforce Solutions Summit targeting the concerns, solutions and opportunities to emerge from this workforce shortage in a more competitive position, working with a better qualified and dedicated employee team. The summit will address key areas like:
1. How do you recruit and retain employees in a competitive and limited job market?
2. How can this region’s labor shed support growth during a time when the nation faces a labor shortage?
3. Hear from private sector specialists who will discuss techniques for recruiting and retaining employees.
4. Learn about local, state and federal resources available to your company and browse exhibits from resource providers highlighting assistance for employers and employees.
5. Network with human resource managers and professionals.